Renaissance Festival - Saturday April 20

Cities in this area include: Acworth, Alpharetta, Canton, Carrollton, Cartersville, College Park, Conyers, Covington, Decatur, Douglasville, Duluth, Dunwoody, East Point, Fayetteville, Forest Park, Griffin, Johns Creek, Kennesaw, Lawrenceville, Lilburn, Lithonia, Marietta, McDonough, Milton, Monroe, Newnan, Norcross, Peachtree City, Powder Springs, Riverdale, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Smyrna, Snellville, Stockbridge, Suwanee, Union City, Villa Rica, Woodstock

Renaissance Festival - Saturday April 20

Postby atlwolf » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:02 am

PCD's got you down? Don't be sad, it's spring again and that means it's time for the annual Georgia Furs outing to the Georgia Renaissance Festival on Saturday, April 20th.

We have changed the date to the 20th of April. We did this for 3 reasons. First, I was reminded that it took an hour just to get out of the parking lot on opening day, it didn't matter which way you came from or went. Second, the new weekend is "Bring your pet weekend". Not only will we fit in better that weekend, you can bring your dog or cat. You must pre-register your pet and restrictions apply http://www.garenfest.com/PetFriendlyWeekendInfo-101. Thirdly, the previous date was the same night as "They Might Be Giants" which many of us have tickets to. This would preclude any after party at my house and hosting out of town'ers overnight. But yes, it means admission will not be buy one, get one free.

So come hungry, eat a turkey leg, fried ice cream, and drink some mead. We will be walking around with tails and will have 2 meetup times if you don't find us by our tails. Meetup at 2pm and 4pm just inside the main gate by the duck hugging booth and ATM.

Fursuits are not allowed (and a bad idea outdoors) but tails and ears fine and go well with medieval getup. A word of warning though, lots of people wear ears and a are NOT furries. If they have ears and tails, they are possibly furries. If they have ears, tails and humping your leg, they're definitely furries.

After the RenFest, I am hosting a low key movie night here at my house in Norcross. I will have the address at the RenFest for those who haven't been to my house. You are welcome to bring a change of clothes and clean up here after a long day at the RenFest.

There is a great back way in and out through Fairburn. http://goo.gl/maps/BRC1i
atlwolf
Site Administrator

Re: Renaissance Festival - Saturday April 13

Postby Myka » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:20 am

Sounds fun ^_^
I can probably make it; will need a ride though.
Myka

Postby PhantomX999 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 am

i want to go. never have gotten too. i just don't know if i want to drive on the I-75/I-80.
PhantomX999

Postby Wezen » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:51 am

I always go to Ren Fest for my birthday but since I will probably be going to the derby this year, I'll see if I can get the day off of work.

Maybe make some digi pants and be a satyr because I've always wanted to lol.
Wezen

Postby Thorne91 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:29 am

I will definately be there look out for my green/ white tail with blue tip. and i would love to meet you atl wolf. Heard very great things about you.
Thorne91

Postby Tendaji » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Have to see what's going on that day first, but I think I would like to go, never been to a Renaissance Festival before, and definitely wouldn't mind hanging out with some furs.
Tendaji

Postby jcrescent » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:04 am

I missed this last year so I am definitely interested!
jcrescent
Site Administrator

Postby rawrhusky » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:35 am

Definitely gonna go :D
rawrhusky

Postby Rai » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:02 pm

I'll probably go :3
Rai

Postby Wezen » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Alrighty, I took off and plan on going. Not sure I've got a tail to wear (besides my red panda one lol) but I do have a costume I bought there last year.

Maybe some of us can carpool :)
Wezen

Next

Return to Metro Atlanta